Be something that’s worth talking about. Every year people flock to view things that are remarkable such as the Eiffel Tower, Niagra Falls, the Pyramids, and the Taj Mahal. Be so amazingly fantastic in a way that your customers can’t help but notice and be drawn to you as a result.
- Chris Guillebeau runs The Art of Non-Conformity blog, and hosts the annual World Domination Conference. One of the things that made people start paying attention to Chris was his quest to travel to all 193 countries in the world by age 35. And he did it. And that’s pretty remarkable. How many countries have you been to?
- The flagship Apple store on Fifth Avenue in New York City is so remarkable in design, that loads of tourists flock to it all year. From the street, all passersby are able to see is a big glass cube with a sign featuring the Apple logo hanging in the center. It is a site to see, and one that is able to lure mesmerized customers into the store to get a closer look at the brand’s products.
- Get your crazy ideas out of your head and on to a piece of paper (or computer screen) :). The crazy, non-safe, wild, impossible-seeming dreams are the foundation to building something remarkable. So don’t shoo them away in favor of creating something safe. Sometimes you gotta swing for the fences.
- Find a way to tell the story of what is remarkable about your product or customer experience. Especially if it isn’t initially visibly apparent. If the story is remarkable enough, it will spread. But your customers have to know about the story to be able talk about it.
Application for your business
- Brainstorm a list of of at least 10 crazy ideas for your business. Write them down.
- Map out what is necessary to bring five of your crazy ideas to fruition.