It is always great to see when a company cares more about things that don’t directly impact their bottom line. So when a company makes a point of taking care of the environment in which we live, it always makes me feel good. Whether it is in using recycled materials, recycling, utilizing materials that are sustainable, or in creating as little waste as possible, it’ll mean something to the customers who are all about being green.
- When I needed web hosting for my www.mytrybusiness.com, I chose A Small Orange. I loved their commitment to using energy efficient hosting technologies. They also match 150 percent of the electricity they use in the form of renewable energy certificates (RECs).
- I am always pleased when I go to stores that have reusable cloth bags for me to carry the groceries or supplies I’ve purchased, instead of plastic bags. Because they’ve been shown to be so harmful to the environment, some municipalities have even banned stores from giving them out.
- When it comes to caring for Mother Earth, small actions count. So whether it is in planting trees, recycling, letting your team work remotely, or going paperless, the little things you do matter.
- Make caring for the environment a part of what makes you different. Yes, there are more companies now doing things that are good for Mother Earth. But unfortunately, there are many, many more that still don’t. So do good to the environment, and make it a part of your uniqueness.
Application for your business
- Brainstorm five things you can do to love on the environment within the basic operations of your business.
- Write down three ways you can love on the environment with the products and services you offer your customers.
68. Be remarkable
69. Be memorable
70. Shake things up
73. Start a movement
74. Be fearless
79. Have an ego
86. Take a stand