When you perform at your best as a business, people take notice. And when you win awards, get accolades, or just have big successes, your customers who have been on the journey with you, who’ve seen you grow, and have loved you as you’ve built a relationship with them, will be thoroughly proud of you as you accomplish great things. Make your customers proud. Do and earn something cool. It’ll give your customers just one more reason to love you.
- Every year Philadelphia Magazine comes out with a Best of Philly issue. In that publication, they highlight businesses that they have identified as being the best of the best at what they do. I was super proud of Honeygrow, a restaurant I frequented regularly for being chosen as the “Best Healthy Lunch” in the city.
- I was filled with pride when I saw one of the bloggers I follow got invited to speak at an industry event. As I’ve watched her business progress and blossom, it was great to see that she was going to get an even bigger platform to show customers how much of a rockstar she is.
- Share your successes and achievements with your customers. Not only will it show them you are hot stuff, but it’ll give them a chance to be proud of you and brag about you to all their friends.
- Certain accolades and distinctions don’t just fall in your lap. You have to seek them out. So put your hat in the ring, go for some certifications, or enter a contest.
Application for your business
- Make a list of the things you feel you’ve accomplished in your business that you are proud of. Of those, which would your customers be proud of?
- What awards, accolades, or distinctions are on your wish list for your business? Write down at least 3.
68. Be remarkable
69. Be memorable
70. Shake things up
73. Start a movement
74. Be fearless
79. Have an ego
86. Take a stand