Eric Foster is the founder of YBE Magazine, a quarterly publication that’s all about empowering young black men by covering stories ranging from entertainment, entrepreneurship, and education.
Publishing a magazine is a big undertaking, and we can learn a lot from Eric’s experiences in finding the time to build this business while holding a full time job, and doing it in a field that wasn’t his area of expertise.
- Why having the perfect experience and credentials isn’t necessary to start a business
- What to do when you get discouraged
- The proper way to think of failure
- What you need to do to be able to function effectively
- The key lesson you’ll learn from bringing your idea to life for the first time
Listen to the 20-minute episode here:
- YBE Magazine
- What to do when it’s your turn – Seth Godin book
- Eric’s movie line
I Am the One Challenge:
Apply the key lessons from this episode with this challenge question on “Your Time.” I prepared a worksheet for you to help you think about and answer the challenge question for your business.
When you grab this worksheet, you’ll have access to each worksheet for every episode as well.
Once you’ve got your answer to the challenge question, tell me about it in the comment below!
Add Your Awesome Comment
What a perfect timing! I was just about to do some research on finding the time to work on building my business and you sent exactly what I needed in your email.
Awesome! Thank you!
Keep up the amazing work!
Sonia Thompson says
Thanks Tee! So glad you were able to get just what you needed when you needed it! Please do let me know how you make out with carving out the time to get the work done.