The whole reason your customers come to you is so you can provide good feelings or a solution to their problem. So when they do come to you, solving their problem puts you in good standing. Even better, solve their problem like no one else can. Should they ever have the problem again, your customers will know exactly where to turn.
- Wal-Mart, the world’s largest retailer solves the problem of obtaining low-cost household items, groceries, and clothing for hundreds of millions of consumers around the world.
- When I needed to learn Spanish for a trip I was taking, I knew I could turn to Rosetta Stone to teach me the language. Through they’re guided learning techniques, I’ve been able to learn how to read, write, understand and speak more of the language than I ever have before.
- You can’t effectively solve your customers’ problem if you haven’t adequately defined what it is. That’s why it’s super important for you define your customers’ problem, and be explicitly clear about what you do to fix it for them.
- There are probably tons of other businesses that solve your customers problem in a manner very similar to yours. The key for you is to differentiate yourself in terms of how you solve your customers’ problem. The more differentiated you can be in a way that’s meaningful to your customers, the more they will flock to you whenever their particular need arises.
Application for your business
- Write down the primary problem your customers have and how you solve it.
- Brainstorm 3 ways you can solve your customers’ problem in a way that’s different from other available options