Maybe dancing isn’t your thing. Perhaps singing or rapping is? Have a little fun, and sing your customers a song. Captivate them with your voice. And if you are not the best singer, at the very least you can make them laugh (see tip #81).
You don’t have to be super fancy. You really don’t even have to be good. You just have to care enough about delighting your customers to give you all the reasons you need to go for it.
- Check out how Fiat UK rapped their way into mothers’ hearts.
- Visit The Green Room rapped and danced their way all over the internet in their Christmas Jammies. Fun, fun, fun!
- If rapping skills aren’t your best talent, enlist the help of someone else who could do your message justice. Your customers won’t care if someone else wrote your lyrics.
- Invite your customers to make a song or a rap about your business. The friendly competition and opportunity to showcase their own special skills and talents will be a fun way to get them loving all over you.
Application for your business
- Brainstorm three ways you can incorporate singing and or rapping into your business.
- Brainstorm three ways you can get your customers in on the singing and rapping fun, by enlisting them to showcase their talents among your community of customers.
1-22. Section 1: Build a relationship with your customers (series)
23-48. Section 2: Make your customers’ lives better (series)
49-62. Section 3: Reward your customers (series)
63. Be cool (code for be yourself)
64. Love what you do (and let it show)
65. Give your business some G.A.S.
67. Take care of your awesome people
68. Be remarkable
69. Be memorable
70. Shake things up
71. Be awesome in unexpected small ways
72. Be awesome in unexpected big ways
73. Start a movement
74. Be fearless
75. Tell the story about your product
76. Do mundane tasks in a new, different, and unexpected way
77. Empower your team to make a less than optimal experience right
79. Have an ego
80. Don’t take yourself too seriously