David Shifrin is the founder of Filament Life Science Communications, where he helps early-stage life sciences companies communicate effectively to their ideal customers.
David also hosts a podcast, Science Writing Radio, where he teaches scientists how to get better at telling the story of their work.
We can learn a ton from David, in particular his approach to transforming himself from a lab scientist into an entrepreneur.
- How to deal with ideal customers who don’t know they have a problem
- The Don Draper advice that’s essential to entrepreneurs
- How to supplement your business knowledge when you’re not a “business” person
- How to get a top-notch business education on a teeny-tiny graduate student budget
- The coveted trait baseball players and scientists have in common (and how it will help you with growing your business)
- Why clarity is underrated (plus the danger in not having it)
- What happens when you “wait to get fed” as an entrepreneur
Listen to the 25-minute episode here:
I Am the One Challenge:
Apply the key lessons from this episode with this challenge question on “Your Clarity.” I prepared a worksheet for you to help you think about and answer the challenge question for your business.
When you grab this worksheet, you’ll have access to each one for every episode as well.
Once you’ve got your answer to the challenge question, tell me about it in the comments below!